No External Hard Drive Coming To Wii.

No External Hard Drive Coming To Wii.

by Mickey DeLorenzoMarch 19, 2007

hd

After speculation, Nintendo have announced that the so called external hard drive was “pure rumour and speculation” and they have no plans to release such a device.

This of course is bad news, especially since they plan to release demos that will be available to download. Will 512MB really last the life of the Wii, I don’t think so, I have a 2GB SD Card in mine but how long is it going to be until that is full too?

Source

Mickey DeLorenzo
  • Will
    March 20, 2007 at 8:31 am

Yeesh, tell me about it. This even limits the potential for cd based consoles seeing play on the virtual console. The games are too big guys.

• Will
    March 20, 2007 at 8:31 am

• Will
    March 20, 2007 at 1:31 am

• sims
    March 20, 2007 at 10:28 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• sims
    March 20, 2007 at 3:28 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• neo@lex
    March 20, 2007 at 3:59 pm

I don`t see a problem, if I run out of SD space I can just get another one.

• neo@lex
    March 20, 2007 at 8:59 am

I don`t see a problem, if I run out of SD space I can just get another one.

• G2W
    March 19, 2009 at 2:03 pm

This entire storage subject has really dampened my feeling of Nintendo, in fact I will wait a good while before looking at the DSi. I am afraid they are going to have the same issues with that device. I think an SD solution is acceptable but they have still not cleared up what the solution is. Will my SD stored games show up in the menu? Until I have an acceptable solution I have stopped buying any Nintendo products/games, because I may just have to jump the Nintendo ship for a vendor who listens to its customers. Like the DSi a 1MP camera (useless) how about video/audio output instead?

• G2W