Nights to use the Forecast Channel

Nights to use the Forecast Channel

by Mickey DeLorenzoApril 4, 2007

Fake nights cover
Sega has had some very cool announcements about the new Nights game to be released for Wii. The most exciting of these is that it will implement the use of the Wii Forecast Channel the change the game scenery based on the real world conditions! The game will also utilize the Wii internet connection allowing players to exchange items (sort of like Castlevania: POR on DS?)

Personally I’ve began to lose faith in Sega franchise games here recently. Sonic just hasn’t been doing it for me. I hope they really put some effort in this game and turn things around.

Source: Joystiq

*By the way, that box art is fake. Borrowed from vgboxart.com.

Mickey DeLorenzo
  • Will
    April 4, 2007 at 8:14 pm

Very cool concept. So is this a sign that Nintendo is allowing 3rd parties to utilize their channel systems? Mii’s?

• Will
    April 4, 2007 at 8:14 pm

• Will
    April 4, 2007 at 1:14 pm

• frisbee
    April 4, 2007 at 9:05 pm

Great! I can’t wait until fall and winter in Seattle where it rains all the time. Inside the game will be as depressing as it is outside.

• frisbee
    April 4, 2007 at 2:05 pm

• April 4, 2007 at 9:48 pm

This would be realy cool, funny thing is I’m currently building and implenting this concept into my websites designs. I think they rather should use METAR information instead of the weather channel information cause of the weather channel by a long shot not allways has the latest information. Last night it showed half of holland with a moon (as in night) and the other half as a sun (as in day). Well or they just improve the weather channels acuracy :).

• April 4, 2007 at 2:48 pm